TGIF guys! I hope you all have awesome weekends planned! While at the gym the other day I was leafing through Cosmopolitan’s November issue (those Kardashian’s though) and came across an article that shared whats new in the beauty industry for hair, makeup, skincare, ect. It was so good that I just had to share it with all of you 🙂
What’s new in my world? Well Elliott is starting a new job. This is great because he’ll be making a considerable amount more money but also means he’ll be home all next week. I’m sorry if I don’t post as much next week but if so just know that’s why and I’ll be back (boys are so needyy). Also my mother told me last night she’s engaged to her boyfriend of 10 years! Very exciting.
Here are the newest beauty revolutions!
Look For: You’ll see a big trend with new antipollution products (See: Busy-Girl Beauty Tips for why pollution is bad for your skin). Equally popular are new super-moisturizing formulas that are gel or water based and contouring lotions that are super insta-friendly.
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum (25.99-33.99) promises to give you brighter, more radiant, and firmer looking skin in just 5 minutes. Also contenders: Clinique Sculptwear Lift and Estee Lauder Liquid Tape.
- Lancome Visionnaire Nuit (86$)is a lightweight gel-in-oil formula which combats late night side effects like dull, dry skin.
- Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb (38$) is a gel-cream that “floods” skin with moisturizers and is built for dry, combination, and even oily skin.
- Dior One Essential City Defense promises to offer 8 hour protection against air pollutants and also doubles as a makeup primer!
Look For: Lots of Korean-inspiration (they’re leading in the beauty world currently). Check out “cushion technology” which allows watery formulas like foundations or lip stains to be suspended in a sponge, more strobing, flawless foundations, and vibrant hued lips.
- Topshop Beauty Glow (16$) is perfect for strobing. In case you haven’t heard strobing is the new contouring.. and it’s much more simple! Grab a highlighter and blend it along your cheekbones and above your brows.
- Mac Lipmix in blue (15$) is perfectly on trend (as always) with the new lip movement. This fall look for funky shades like blue and violet. Make sure you don’t go over-the-top by pairing it with a glowing complexion and neutral makeup.
- Pepipera Ah Much Real My Cushion Blusher (16$) is a sheer pink blush infused in a sponge for super easy and fun application.
- Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation (53$) feels weightless and is filled with skin-perfecting ingredients to make your foundation feel like second skin. Also Try: Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation and Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation.
Look For: Gel Manicures and polishes that are even more efficient! Now you can chose between healing & perfecting tinted bases, gel-hybrids, and gel manicures that cure with only one coat! Nail-art is more about chic, fuss-free looks like wearing different (but complimentary) polishes on each hand. If you’re looking to try something new IBX runs about 15$ and is a pre-mani treatment that heals weak nails by infusing keratin into the upper layers and spot treating white marks.
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel (10$) deliver high-shine and lasts about a week.
- Nails Inc Gel-Effect Polish (15$) mimic the thickness and high-shine of a gel manicure but lack the extra longevity.
- Red Carpet Ready One-Step Polish (13$) cures to a perfect finish in only one coat (meaning no base or top coat required)
- Zoya Naked Manicure Perfectors (9$) are nail primers which neutralize nail discoloration and even help fix imperfections
Look For: Blunt cleavage-length cuts or a softer, sexier shag will be trending strongly this year. If you’re adventurous with your color try a new sand-art inspired shade. For those who are a little more tame try subtle ombre and #airdryday aka just apply a styling foam and go. Product wise we have leave-in conditioners that heal split ends, sprays that set the stage for gorgeous blow outs, and a dry shampoo that really works.
- Bumble And Bumble Full Potential Hair Preserving Booster Spray (60$) is the one spray that may actually help with your split ends. It wraps hair in lipids, sealing the splits like a liquid bandage, and prevents new ones from forming. It also gently exfoliates your scalp to promote hair growth.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo (22$) leaves strands looking freshly washed in 30 seconds by using cleansing particles to soak up oil and sweat- way better than powder and perfumes.
- Tresemme Runway Collection Get Sleek Blow Dry Balm (7$) gives hair high-wattage shine and an extra conditioning boost without the professional price!
- John Frieda Dream Curls Air-Dry Waves Styling Foam (10$) is the perfect air-dry foam with just enough hold to enhance natural waves so you can look like an off-duty model.
So What’s new with all of you? Anything exciting?